Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Diffident Freedom

Sometimes i am still caught off guard, by the fact I am going to be starting my third year in high school. My junior year is going to be starting in 25 days. Just two more years until i graduate and decide what i am going to do for the rest of my life. I know in reality two years is still a long time, but i know it will go by swiftly just as my freshmen and sophomore years did. For the longest time i have been in such a rush to grow up. I've been wanting that unrestrained freedom and independence. Now, i just wish time would freeze. I am not sure if i will be able to handle what life will throw at me in the future. I'm scared i may lose my way at one point or not be equipped to care for myself alone. Heaven knows what's going to become of me, only God does. That is why i will continue to put my trust in God and hope for the best.

Before i start my junior and my senior year i am going to make it a notion to write down on a piece of paper my predictions for the year, along with my goals. At the end of the year i will open it and see if what i have written down came true or were achieved. The feeling of accomplishment will surely put my mind at ease.

My friend told me this quote earlier today which i feel is appropriate for this blog entry, "Be not afraid of greatness."

No comments:

Post a Comment