Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thirty Fourth Post.

During Amer. Lit class today we had to discuss the benefits of reading and learning about different literature. I remember the teacher saying how literature helps you gain a perspective of things through anothers' eyes. Therefore, helping you gain empathy and gradually losing those narcissistic qualities you obtain as a kid. Through literature not only do you gain knowledge, but you understand what emotion you feel the strongest. You get the chance to connect your ideas and life to someone else's. You learn to feel others' pains and fears. You realize with whatever problems you are dealing with, there is someone troubled as you are.
This whole summer I have been lacking that inspiration to start reading again. While listening to the teacher's lecture today I felt that inspiration I needed. The inspiration to dive into a good book and start reading again. This year I really hope I can get into the habit of reading regularly. I hope that I will be on top of things this year and even get straight A's. Whatever, call me nerd.. but at least in 3 years i'll be in college, while those underachievers who don't give a crap is selling hotdogs and living a cab... booyah!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."---Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment