Monday, August 3, 2009

thirty second post.

I think right about now I deserve a really big fat "I told you so" ! It's funny how things work out the way they do and how the most drastic changes actually prove to be what you really needed after all. My pessimistic attitude toward everything really didn't help at all, but after i gave this place a chance things really started to fall into place. Now when I look in the mirror I see a more confident me. I admit i still am a little self-conscious, but still I am able to do things I wasn't able to do before. Like..
  • having a conversation on the phone with almost anyone without me feeling uncomfortable.
  • Walk in a room full of people with my head up.
  • Sing in front of a crowd full of a hundred people without having severe stage fright.
  • Sing first soprano without straining my voice [: cheehoo!
  • Not wear eyeliner at the bottom of my eyes in public, and actually be okay with it.
  • Have mother and daughter conversations all night long without it being awkward.
  • Stand Up for myself in a tough situation.
  • Transfer to a different high school in the middle of the year.
  • Get along with a person I have almost nothing in common with. lmao
  • Realize that I am not necessarily "Boy Crazy". I just act like it because it's fun and a great way to start a conversation.
  • Curl the hair of 6 six girls in a row, with a straightner!
  • Go to the mall four times in a month w/o my parents throwing a hissy fit about gas .
  • Gaining a trustworthy guy friend, who I know for a fact has no interest in me whatsoever. And no he's not gay ! lol
  • Manage a restaurant in Restaurant City [:
  • and well the list goes on...
I have met soo many nice people here. Some of whom which, I became very close too. They have shown me what it's like to live a frugal, yet happy life. I learned that the simple things are in fact the greatest. My family is happy, especially my dad. For that reason, so am I.
I have been given a chance to start over and I now don't regret moving here anymore because it's brought me to where I am at now... A stronger, happier me. I may still complain every so often because I am still trying to reestablish myself here, you know..find my place. But it's a life learning experience and as long as I have my priceless support system (bestfriends,family,&most importantly GOD) on my shoulders nothing can break me down.

-------------------------------------------------------------
"The richest man isn't the on who has everything, it's the one who needs the least."-- A quote my dad stumbled upon earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment